a few days ago. With the Storks Bill that we pulled to make the vegetable garden in the Wall Beds at A. When i was pulling them, all the dye pots were still at the storage unit down the road. They lay there, the Storks Bill, a few days , in Sun. Drying. Seeing this, those days in a row, caused me to go to that storage unit and climb through (literally) the stuff and pull up some of the dye pots. Bring them here. In my head, i just said, bring them home. But changed it on typing it in. Bring them here.
Alyssia had cut off a pair of mittens for crawling gloves. Emrie didn't seem to mind. Those along with her Chinese shoes made it easier to navigate on the rough cut gravel. She likes the game of In/Out. We did that. With the plant leaves and stems, two root clumps. Early the next morning, before any heat, i put them simmer on the stove. In the enamel pot and the aluminum. The copper pot had remained hidden in Storage. Both those pots were eventually put into the large copper tub, with a single scrap of cloth tied to a piece of bark with string. 3 days in SUN. I had hopes. Vivid green. But, as it goes, a soft and vague bronze green....and though not vivid, i see it, feel it, to be the Ground Cloth for much to come. Today i began a new cloth with it...center, on some of Deb Lacativa's cloth magic. I look at this pic, look at the pronounced veins of my arm...how they are so similar to the marks of the string on that cloth scrap.
in the morning will pour the liquid into a gallon glass jar and tie and submerge more cloth. Set to the Sun. It's such a fine and gentle kind of science.